All that legalese jazz.
A personal note from Dion Moult, creator of WIPUP, the Eadrax project, and current owner of WIPUP.org:
Dear all who use WIPUP.org, WIPUP, Eadrax, or the rest of the monikers that represent this web application,
WIPUP was originally coded as a closed-source application to solve a personal problem of mine - the non-existence of a capable platform to document and share my works-in-progresses with the world. As I found it particularly useful, I opened the source to bring the same benefit and joy I experienced to others. I am not a lawyer. I am a person, and by making WIPUP available I wish for you to view WIPUP as a service, an ambitious project, and the result of a person's hard work and love rather than a faceless product.
As such, the legalese below is purely for my own protection against those who don't share this view. I hope you enjoy WIPUP, and choose to help rather than hinder its growth.
When you use this website, you automatically agree to the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree, do not use this website. In a nutshell, it tells you to use WIPUP for good, not evil, and that we cannot be held responsible for how you use it.
You are using this website voluntarily. By using this website, you agree to all of the following terms and conditions. If you do not agree to any of these conditions, you are prohibited from using this website.
You will not use this website if any of the following conditions are in violation of any laws in the country, state, territory, or locality in which you legally reside or have accessed this website.
- You are at least 16 years of age or older, or the age of legal consent based on the laws in the country, state, territory, or locality in which you legally reside or have accessed this website.
- You will not submit any materials which (A) libel, defame, invade privacy, or are obscene or pornographic; (B) infringe on the intellectual property rights, including copyrights, of any third party; (C) violate any law or regulation; (D) advocate illegal activity, including violence and terrorism; (E) advertise or otherwise solicit funds or are a solicitation for goods or services; or (F) contain "malware" (including viruses and worms) or other destructive content.
- All content submitted to this website is the responsibility of the person who created the account that submitted it. The website and its creators are not responsible for how content on the site is used or the nature of the content and any intended or unintended side-effects.
- This website and its creators will not claim responsibility over identity theft and misuse of content.
- This website and its creators will comply with requests to take down content which are the subject of controversy.
- Users are aware that submitted content may be visible to the public.
- You will agree that you will not use the software for any purposes prohibited by United States law, including, without limitation, the development, design, manufacture or production of missiles, nuclear, chemical or biological weapons.
- All website content, including website presentation, design, logos, and source code are copyrighted by the authors. You will not republish, transmit, or distribute the content of this website, in whole or in part, unless specifically allowed by author licensing.
- The materials on this website are provided "as is" and without warranties of any kind, whether expressed or implied, with regard to their correctness, reliability, accuracy, or otherwise.
- This website and its owners, publishers, officers, directors, employees, administrators, editors, and moderators reserve editorial rights (including omission, blocking, and deletion) for all submitted content.
- You grant usage rights, including publication and distribution, to this website and its publishers for any materials you post, upload, submit, or email to this website and its publishers.
- For all services rendered that require payment, payment is non-refundable in neither whole nor part.
- The creators of this website reserves the right to vary the terms of conditions without prior notice as they see fit.